This Friday, December 16th, there will be a “Can” Walker Volunteer Appreciation Party at the Recall Walker HQ in Manitowoc (1207 Washington St.) from 5:30-8:30PM. This event is in appreciation for all area recall volunteers. Please bring a canned good, non-perishable food item, or unwrapped toy to be distributed to our local pantries, and the striking Manitowoc Crane machinist union members and their families.
Hor d’ oeuvres, beer, wine and holiday treats will be served. If interested in bringing a dish to pass, please contact HQ at 920-216-9376. Thank you and hope to see you all there!
Thank you to all of the volunteers who have come out to events or circulated petitions on their own since the start of the recall process. There’s still plenty more signatures to collect, so we can’t rest yet.
The following is a list of drop-in sites and upcoming events over the next week or so. Please sign up for a shift or two at one of the organized signing events and help us keep this thing rolling!
You can sign up for shifts by calling 920-395-3601. If you can’t volunteer at any of these dates, make sure to pass the word so that others can get out to these events to help out or sign the petition.
You can also call 920-395-3601 if you have questions, need a home visit, would like to volunteer or to listen to an updated list of events.
- Friday Dec. 16th – Sheboygan Post Office – 2-4PM
- Saturday Dec. 17th – Sheboygan Memorial Mall – 10-4PM – Sidewalk between Kohl’s & Shopko
- Saturday Dec. 17th – Fredonia Park & Ride on Hwy 57 (10 minutes from Random Lake) – 11-3PM – Our apologies for the failure to have this location staffed last weekend. A scheduling issue and communication breakdown lead to this error and we are truly sorry. This weekend the Fredonia Park & Ride drive-thru will be fully staffed. This event is being coordinated by our friends down south, the Ozaukee County Democratic Party and their chair, Bridget Moen.
- Saturday Dec. 17th – LTC (Lakeshore Technical College, Cleveland) – 10:30AM-2PM – We will be gathering on the cul-de-sac at LTC in Cleveland for petition signing. It is their graduation day and Lt. Gov Rebecca Kleefisch is the featured speaker. – Contact the Manitowoc Recall Office for more info on this event at 920-216-9376.
- Sheboygan Trades & Labor Hall *DROP IN SITE* 1104 Wisconsin Ave (in front of the Garten Toy apartments and a few blocks NW of the post office). Monday through Friday 10AM-6PM / Saturdays 10AM-2PM Contact Info: (Barb Felde – firstname.lastname@example.org – 920-698-0768)
- Emil Mazey Hall *DROP IN SITE* 5425 Superior Ave. Monday through Friday 6AM-5PM / Saturdays 10-2PM Contact Info: (Dave Bouchard – email@example.com – 920-579-6005)
- OPEN HOUSE – N190 Random Lake Rd. Open 24/7; call in advance if it’s late (920)994-4245.
- OPEN HOUSE – W5545 S. County Road A, Adell – Mon 12/19 1pm-6pm – Other days by appointment, call (920) 994-9824
- Any Random Lake, Waldo & Plymouth residences (by appointment only – call 920-395-3601 to make arrangements)