GOP Agenda Strays Far (Right) Afield
MADISON– After an election where voters said the most important issue facing Wisconsin was the shape of the economy, Republicans have begun their time in power outlining an extremist social agenda.
“Wisconsin wants jobs, but right off the bat, Republicans have made clear that instead they wish to pursue an extremist agenda that has little to do with jobs,” Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Mike Tate said Monday.
1. State Sen. Glenn Grothman, R-West Bend said the Legislature shouldn’t focus on economic or business legislation.
2. They want to ban fake weed.
3. They plan to join a lawsuit to repeal heath care reform.
4. First and foremost on Scott Fitzgerald’s priority list is a bill to suppress voters.
5. Eau Claire Leader-Telegram: GOP should focus on budget, not guns or ID cards.
6. They plan to repeal the domestic partnership registry.