Walker’s Record on Jobs Creation
Scott Walker doesn’t have a plan for Wisconsin. In fact, he has stood in the way of job creation programs and refused to build partnerships that bring jobs to Wisconsin:
- He mocked Milwaukee 7, the group responsible for bringing Republic Airways and Ingeteam to Wisconsin, as “lipstick on a pig“
- Walker led the push against investments in high-speed rail that even by conservative estimates would create thousands of jobs in Wisconsin.
- Scott Walker continues to criticize the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), which has created or saved an estimated 44,000 jobs in the state (click here for Walker’s full ARRA timeline).
- In 2009, his budget dissolved the Economic and Community Development Division and eliminated the Economic Development Director position. This has cost the county millions in federal aid.
- Walker chose previous campaign staffers with insufficient qualifications to lead economic development efforts. A specific example of this came in October 2008 when only $226,000 of the $7.2 budgeted land sales revenue actually had materialized.
- In 2009, he even turned down a $3.1 million gift to be used for economic development and job creation
In the News:
Republican Candidate Accused of Misleading Job Claim
Eye on Wisconsin:
Does He Have Imaginary Friends Too?
Wis. Democrats and Republicans blast GOP gubernatorial candidate’s pledge to create 250K jobs